Breakfast - The Most Important Meal of the Day

We all know the old saying, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Believe it or not but what your mom was telling you could not be more correct. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it is a jump start for your body in the morning. Think of it as waking up with an empty tank of gas in your car and trying to drive around town...you are not going to get too far.

Here is another reason why breakfast is so important: people that do not eat until lunch tent to overeat making it hard for your body to absorb all of the vitamins and nutrients. Your body will also store more fat because your body is in survival mode.
So what should you be eating? You want to be eating a breakfast that is high is fiber, protein and carbohydrates. We are all busy so here are some quick and healthy breakfast ideas:

Peanut Butter Whole Grain Waffles
Fruit Shake - make with plain, fat free yogurt
Oatmeal with Fruit
Energy Bar (My favorite are Luna Bars)
Egg McMuffin w/fruit - Whole Wheat English Muffin
with 1 scrambled egg
Whole Wheat Bagal W/Low Fat Cream Cheese
Cereal w/fruit - Total Cereal is a great choice
Whole Wheat Toast w/ Fruit

Things you want to avoid:
Sugary Juice
Refined Sugar (i.e white bread)
Large Portions of Fat (i.e. Bacon)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks girlie, you totally rock! this really helps a lot.

Jan said...

It's true -- I have never been a breakfast eater but when I can force myself to eat something, I do much better with not ending up stuffing myself by the end of the day.

Cammie said...

Megan, I am Natalie Cottam's friend from SLC Utah. I have been reading your blog regularly, and love your topics. I am a dedicated excersiser (that's probably not a real word), but seem to have hit a plateu. Do you have any suggestions for breaking through?

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it is
truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
Lots of people will be benefited from your
writing. Cheers!
My website > http://africanmangoguide.net

Anonymous said...

Hi to every one, because I am in fact eager of reading this website's post to be updated regularly. It carries nice data.
Here is my website ; diet plans for women