Try This Move!

For those of you that have worked out with me...you know that planks are one of my favorite moves. This is a move that you can perform with no equipment. Here is the skinny on Planks:

This in not only a great upper body exercise, but when performed correctly, is a great core exercise that adds advanced shoulder stabilization. This exercise involves your back, triceps, shoulders, and core muscles. To perform this exercise correctly:

1. Starting on your hands and knees

2. Elbows should be shoulder width apart, elbows bent with arms in a 90 degree angle.

3. Curl your toes under and push your body off of the ground

4. Body should be straight during movement

5. Make sure to keep the core muscles, glutes, legs as tight as possible

6. Hold position until you can not hold your weight up off of the ground with your back straight.

Time yourself every time and push yourself to go a little longer each time. This is a move that you can do everyday.

2 comments:

Jan said...

This looks awful and I don't think for one second that I could do it! (maybe I'll try -- I'll let you know!)

Unknown said...

i like planks! i need to do some of those and get my doughy belly in check!