The Old Saying, "No Pain, No Gain"

A lot of people approach fitness with the theory, "No Pain, No Gain." There is no question that you need to work hard to reach your fitness goals...but are you working harder than you need too? People think they need to go all out to get the best work-out possible but most people burn out and walk away from their work-out plan sometimes before they even really get started.

In order to reach your goals, you need to train at the right intensity. A heart rate monitor is one of ways you can accurately measure your intensity or your exertion level. Most heart rate monitor will display your heart rate during your workout and the number of calories exerted. Not to sound like a salesman...a heart rate monitor is great way to tracking your calories burned to help you work towards your goal. Heart rate monitors range from $50 up.


Looking for a heart rate monitor? Go to www.polarusa.com.

What is the right intensity you should be working out to reach your goal? Here are your target zones:

60-70% of max heart rate is good for weight loss, building endurance or recovery
70-80% of max heart rate is good for improving cardiovascular fitness
80%+ of max heart rate is good for interval workouts working anaerobic (with-out oxygen)

You can find your max heart rate with this equation:

220 - YOUR AGE = Max Heart Rate

8 comments:

Unknown said...

such good information! seriously, you rock! this is all so much fun to read.

Jan said...

You're awesome. I never knew that about the heart rate -- good to know. Thanks Megan.

Kristi said...

I tend to be one of those people who get burned out..this is a GREAT tip. Thanks!

Heidi said...

I am so hooked on my Pulsar, I can't workout without it. In fact, because of overuse I had to send it in for repair, I went out and bought another. Thank goodness the old one only needed a battery. So not only do I have one Heart Rate monitor, I have two. Yeah!

Sentaguy said...

The formula you use is oudated and way off. If you want to use a more modern formula which is more "accurate" use 205.8 - 0.685 x age.

Hope this helps.

P.S. A lot of people had way higher vo2's than Lance, such as Miguel Indurain who's was at times over 90 while Lance was at 82.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I just ran into while trying to figure out what my own max heart rate should be. While doing this research, I also ran into a couple other formulas that I posted at: http://baxwrds.com/calculate_maximum_heart_rate

As for a heart rate monitor, I use a Garmin 405. It is my best friend.

momson masturbation stories said...

Myforehead was soaked in sweat, and my cunt shook from a cruelly inducedorgasm. END VIDEO CLIP BOBBIE BATTISTA, HOST Were talking today about the possibility of androids and robots living among us.
gang rape sex stories
free illustrated erotic stories
free erotic stories literotica
first time gay teen sex stories
incest fuck stories
Myforehead was soaked in sweat, and my cunt shook from a cruelly inducedorgasm. END VIDEO CLIP BOBBIE BATTISTA, HOST Were talking today about the possibility of androids and robots living among us.

sister brother sex stories said...

He was marriedtoday only because Margot had seen Sucker painted on him, somewhere shedbeen looking for a Sugar Daddy, and hed been dumb enough to get trapped. I could feel himstiffen and start to spew his hot cum into my eager pussy.
baby sitter fuck stories
nipple masturbation stories erotica
black sex adult stories
embarrassing spanking stories
stories fuck housewives
He was marriedtoday only because Margot had seen Sucker painted on him, somewhere shedbeen looking for a Sugar Daddy, and hed been dumb enough to get trapped. I could feel himstiffen and start to spew his hot cum into my eager pussy.