A Spoon full of Sugar Makes the Medicine go Down???

The other night I was lounging around with some friends and we got on the subject of how bad granulated sugar is for your body. I know that it is tasty, but here is the scoop of granulated sugar (these are just a few):

Promotes wrinkling and aging skin, makes your blood acidic, can lead to osteoporosis, rots your teeth, raises your blood sugar level, contributes to obesity, is addictive (almost as much as drugs), can create the urge to binge, provides 'empty calories' with no nutritional value, contributes to diabetes, robs your body of minerals, robs you of energy, contributes to heart problems, can cause cancer, contributes to ulcers, can cause gallstones, can suppress your immune system, weakens eyesight, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels)., can cause aging, can contribute to eczema and can cause arthritis.

So we decided to start a competition to see who can go two month's without any granulated sugar in our diet (less than 3 g. ) starting August 1st. It is more work to look at food labels....but it sure pays off by losing a few pounds and just think of your health! So if you are up for a challenge to better your health send me an email at mbrownfitness@yahoo.com and I will keep bothering you during the competition.

Oh...I forgot, you get one cheat day a week (that might change a few peoples mind:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

girl, you're such a downer! just kidding. i seriously admire your commitment to your health. i'm hoping it will rub off on me. but i'm going to have to start off with an easier challenge. i think this one would kill me! :)

Jan said...

Wow - I don't think there's any way I can consider doing this. I'm too much of a candy person. However -- reading what you had to say about sugar is going to at least encourage me to lay off some.

Danielle said...

Megan, I am Natalie's friend Danielle. We've met a few times, but you probably don't remember me. Anyway I am up for your challenge. So look for my email!
Oh and awesome website.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.